Windows form controls and Arduino pins

Making your program work.
dfaulks

Windows form controls and Arduino pins

Post by dfaulks »

Hello All,
I am a new guy to windows programming as well as Arduino. I simply want to control a windows form control such as changing the color of a oval shape based on a Arduino pin. So pin 1 goes high, the control turns green. The pin 1 goes low it turns red.

I set the Arduino to output a comma delimited string of the pin levels "1,1,0,1,0,1" (level of each digital pin) to the serial port every 500mS. I can read the value and send it to a textbox as a string and it displays fine. I thought I could just split the string and assign each bit of the string to a variable and base the status of the windows control on that but I can't see how to do it in Visual Studio 2012.

I also want to click a button on a form and sent a command to change a digital :o pin level in the Arduino.

Any help would be great!

oz
Site Admin

Re: Windows form controls and Arduino pins

Post by oz »

dfaulks,

I'm sorry to disappoint you but we don't really do much development in Windows at all. We're mostly a Mac and Linux shop so Visual Studio is a black hole to us.
Try posting your question on the Arduino forum and see if you get some response. You seem to have gotten the data into your windows machine and into a text box, which is all good. The next steps don't seem to be that far away. Maybe look for a forum for Visual Studio to help you ?

good luck on the project,

Paul