freeduino nano

Requests for new features and products, news about what we are working on.
Arvin

freeduino nano

Post by Arvin »

At $50 the nano is way out of my price range.

So, Paul, what are your plans for a "freeduino nano"?

I saw your nano sale.....come on surely your creative juices were awakened! Or are you waiting for bwevans to finish his?

I like his (I am not quite unbiased) and he says around $30 but that still seems high.

Come on, spill it.
arvin

oz
Site Admin

Re: freeduino nano

Post by oz »

I'm watching, and communicating with, Brian Evans about his Nano version (Freeduino Pico), which I think makes a whole lot more sense than the Nano. I was trying to pitch him on all the Freeduino sites going in together on common pricing (and large production run for good prices).

I'm also working on a USB cable adapter that will sell for around $10 - as an alternative to the cable. It can use the same pin as the Arduino boards for signaling so will get rid of the serial port issue. That's my first surface mount project. After that we'll see about the Nano, or maybe I'll just move on to accelerometers and some other surface mount things.

Paul

Arvin

Re: freeduino nano

Post by Arvin »

paul wrote:I'm watching, and communicating with, Brian Evans about his Nano version (Freeduino Pico), which I think makes a whole lot more sense than the Nano. I was trying to pitch him on all the Freeduino sites going in together on common pricing (and large production run for good prices).

I'm also working on a USB cable adapter that will sell for around $10 - as an alternative to the cable. It can use the same pin as the Arduino boards for signaling so will get rid of the serial port issue. That's my first surface mount project. After that we'll see about the Nano, or maybe I'll just move on to accelerometers and some other surface mount things.

Paul
Will be watching with interest. I'm in the market for a couple of the picos when they're ready. The nano is just too much money. Might as well buy a BS.

arvin

JeffreyKip

freeduino nano

Post by JeffreyKip »

Ive just realized that the Nano is a 5V board, so youre actually going to need a 5V regulator e.g. the 7805 and a battery capable of providing a bit more than that.

Other than that though, yes, the circuit is correct.