A hiss on the Reverbalizer ?

Interfacing hardware, sensors, output drivers, chips.
nicotep

A hiss on the Reverbalizer ?

Post by nicotep » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:24 am

Having fun with the Reverbalizer, though I notice a background noise and especially a hiss on certain Effects : After i flashed the Eeprom with the provided code, some of the effects are noisier than others.
One of them is a kind of freeze I really enjoy, but the hiss make it barely usable....

Any ideas on how to fix it? Should I first make a preamp or something, of filter the noise afterwards?

paul
Site Admin

Re: A hiss on the Reverbalizer ?

Post by paul » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:50 am

Hmm,

This is the first I've heard of excess hiss. The little I've played with the board it sounded very clean.
About the best I could do would be to send you a new board to compare, but we would need to solder headers on so I could get the board back if it performs the same way.

Let me do a little research - maybe send email to sales with your name and order # if you have it.

paul

Florendahl

Post by Florendahl » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:39 am

Did you try recording the hiss? I'd love to hear it.

nicotep

Post by nicotep » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:14 pm

Strange... I had let the board aside for some time. Today i plug everything again and.... No hiss anymore ! Clean. Sorry for the wrong alarm.

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:06 pm

nicotep,

I'm glad you got it going, but it is always a bit unsatisfying when things start working without a purposeful change. Did you change power sources? It's always worthwhile powering audio projects on batteries and linear regulators as an experiment to rule out power supply noise if it might be an issue. Maybe bad cable or headphones too?

Paul