Temperature Readings Off

Questions about Modern Device and JeeLabs Sensors
ClncyFshSlayer

Temperature Readings Off

Post by ClncyFshSlayer »

I have 10 of the Rev P wind sensors installed in remediation systems, enclosed in 3D printed housing and have the sensors in the center of the air stream. The temp readings are spot on until the fan turns on. So background; these sensors are installed upstream of a blower fan and track the mass flow through the remediation system. I have modified the code to account for pipe diameter and use these sensors to display the real time velocity and mass air flow through the pipe. I have no issues with the velocity and flow calcs, everything checks out on the gut check with flying colors. My issue arises with the temp calculation. Ambient temp is around 65F, and when the fan is off, it reads spot on, but when the fan kicks on, the temp drops, substantially, to around 16F-18F. I assume this has to do with cooling of the sensor due to the air movement. My question is; has an equation/regression already been developed to address this or do I need to formulate my own correction to address the temp correction based on wind speed? Maybe this is addressed in the design of the sensors and I have been prototyping on a faulty sensor? Hope to get a little input on this issue, as 50% of the reason these sensors were purchased was to track real time air stream temp.

Thanks!