Really Really Bare Bones Board

Requests for new features and products, news about what we are working on.
dvnm

Post by dvnm »

Some ideas that I thought might be interesting:
I have been looking for a super small *duino. I found the RBBB, which is pretty small, but I also found this: http://store.fundamentallogic.com/ecom/ ... ucts_id=29 (Duino stamp kit from fundamental logic). I was wondering if you have considered creating something similar. I really like the RBBB, but the duino stamp is a bit smaller. The problem with the duino stamp is that it does not have the quality / customer service that I have received from you. :D

Similarly, I was looking at the Nokia LCD from gravitech and was wondering if you have considered creating a board that has a built in screen. Perhaps it could be built as a shield for the standard duino or as a stand alone board.

oz
Site Admin

Re: Really Really Bare Bones Board

Post by oz »

As to the "duino stamp" You should check out the dorkboard - brian riley at wulfden.org sells them, or at least he did. No labels on the board though so you have to keep counting pins and looking at datasheets till you get the wires setup. The guys that designed it were also after a "smaller RBBB"

I've joined forces with another open-source group (that shall remain nameless right now) but it has freed up some of the time that I used to spend on shipping - so look for some development of new boards finally. I'll check the integrated LCD board but I think others are first on the agenda.

Thanks for the input - I'm going to go back over all these ideas soon to look for common threads.

Paul

dvnm

Post by dvnm »

Thanks, I'll look up the dorkboard.

Glad to hear you will be offering new products soon. What do you have coming down the pipeline? (That way we can start planning some projects, hahaha)

oz
Site Admin

Post by oz »

I want to make a board to support the new 8x8 library. It will have an SD card, socket for xbee (or maybe wifi).

Lots of other ideas but I've got a bunch of contingencies too.

Paul

dvnm

Post by dvnm »

Good stuff, I saw the JeeNodes. It seems interesting, I'll have to order some once I get a little free time. :)

Looking forward to the new products!

Michaelchase

Post by Michaelchase »

I agree, but the DE really make a different.

Especially a troublesome one like Gnome Shell.

Michaelkfyif

Post by Michaelkfyif »

Hello everyone, I have a simple question. Can we use a function generator as the source for the External Clock of the DE2 board??? I really want to use a clock frequency other than the ones provided by the board which are 27 MHz and 50 MHz. Thank you for your help.