Issues with Pulse Sensor & Teensy

Questions about Modern Device and JeeLabs Sensors
wintrmute

Issues with Pulse Sensor & Teensy

Post by wintrmute »

Hi,
I saw that the Pulse Sensor seemed to need 3.3V, so I hooked it up to my Teensy LC.
However I'm struggling to get the example code to recognise the presence of the sensor.

The Teensy LC has SDA and SCL on ports 18 and 19, which match where the library expects them to be.

However with the Ports code in the SI114.h, I'm not sure if it's AVR-specific? The Teensy LC is a 32-bit ARM chip, Cortex-M0.

Is the Pulse Sensor able to be used with 5V Arduinos? (eg. Nano)

Also, I'm confused about what the PWR and IRQ connections are for on the pulse header -- IRQ doesn't appear used by the demo code, so I hope that's OK to ignore.
But what about PWR?

Cheers
Toby

oz
Site Admin

Re: Issues with Pulse Sensor & Teensy

Post by oz »

wintrmute,

This issue you ran into is that the I2C code in my library was bit-banged for the Arduino. It's probably not too much of an issue to swap the Teensy pins you want to use in the code. You'll need to feel comfortable with modding libraries though. You can look for the library that a customer did that uses the Arduino Wire library instead. The link is in another nearby post

pb

wintrmute

Post by wintrmute »

Hi Paul,
Thanks for replying, but wow, that was a long time ago that I made that post!

I ended up re-writing the library significantly, and sending you a two github pull requests in Feb 2016.

https://github.com/moderndevice/SI1143_ ... sors/pulls

JaseSerre

Post by JaseSerre »

Hi...i am a new user here. I think the same as suggested above that its not too much of an issue to swap the Teensy pins you want to use in the code. You'll need to feel comfortable with modding libraries though. You can look for the library that a customer did that uses the Arduino Wire library instead.

oz
Site Admin

Post by oz »

JaseSerre,

You can check out the branch of our library at https://github.com/TJC/SI1143_Pulse_Prox_Sensors which will work with a Teensy I believe. I'm trying to get pulled into the Modern Device repo.

Paul

Garrymit

Хорошо быть бабой

Post by Garrymit »

Aaronhycle

Issues with Pulse Sensor Teensy

Post by Aaronhycle »

Yes, I understand why I have those erros when I compile.
But I dont find how to do on Pinguino board, so thats why I used the Arduino, thinking it was about the same.
There arent any tutorials to get back data with the TMP0006 sensor for Pinguino, just for Arduino..
I put in attachment the files which are in the directory tmp.
I hope u will be able to help me.

Fredaueuv

Issues with Pulse Sensor Teensy

Post by Fredaueuv »

Hey
I purchased the Pulse Oximeter.
the outputs are HR and SpO2, I was wondering if i can receive from it also the pleth?
Thank you
Zohar