Diecimila Interposer

Requests for new features and products, news about what we are working on.
ercook

Diecimila Interposer

Post by ercook »

Paul et al,

Has anyone ever suggested an interposer board to adapt BBB (or RBBB) to Diecimila shields? I'd be very interested this capability. Anyone else?

Thanks for a great set of products,
Eric

oz
Site Admin

Re: Diecimila Interposer

Post by oz »

I've thought a lot about the form factor thing and I'm designing the tentatively named freeduino pro, that has a Diecimila form factor, no USB chip but the cable header. But also pins for plugging it into the breadboard and an analog block similar to BBB - That end of the Diecimila is sorely lacking in power and ground holes for hooking things up.

Adapting the BBB just seems like too much of hack to me - to get analog pins over to where they're supposed to be. The extra board would lose much of the price advantage too, and the size advantage is also going to go away, so what's the motivation in the end?

Anyway that's my thinking. Feel free to throw some of yours at me.

Paul

ercook

Post by ercook »

That would be sooo cool. There lots of shields, but they're not usable (straightforwardly) by those of us who prefer the barebones approach. Go for it!!

It would make a great Christmas gift. ;)

Thanks,
Eric

tedder

Post by tedder »

My problem with shields (and I have several) is it's hard to know what pins they use and what ones they simply pass through. Then there are some, like SFE's zigbee shield, that don't pass all of the pins through- grr.

I'd much rather have a 3-wire or 4-wire interface.

oz
Site Admin

Post by oz »

I hear your pain. I'm working on hooking Lady Ada's Wave shield and having to consult the schematic and board diagram.

I'll post the BBB hookup when I'm done.

Paul