The MISMC (MIDI Internal Sound Module Card) will be reality?

Requests for new features and products, news about what we are working on.
Vlad

The MISMC (MIDI Internal Sound Module Card) will be reality?

Post by Vlad »

This is my first posting in this Forum, although, I have been looking already what’s going here for a while. I decided to write this, because I have very good story to tell you, since, I just learned this from Paul that in about four (4) weeks Modern Device will have ready for Beta testing their new device. It's a new MISMC (MIDI Internal Sound Module Card) that will work in unison with MIDI CPU-s in some instruments like MIDI Accordion, MIDI Guitar, or MIDI Piano, etc.

As a hobby enthusiast of accordion music, and the converter of older musical instruments into MIDI accordions, Guitars, for self use, I'm very interested in that new product. I heard that such devices exists already, but this one is planned to be one, that will have much smaller foot print than others, therefore, I will be able to fit it in the corner of accordion bellows, or in the guitar box.

I know for sure that many MIDI Accordion owners are waiting already for a long time to have such a device available to purchase for a price that will not break their bank account. Modern Device sells components for much lower prices that other competitors, so most likely this device will be fairly priced.

It would be very handy to go to the party at the friend’s house with own MIDI Accordion, not carrying separate MSM (MIDI Sound Module) box that could be damaged during transportation, or something else could happen to it. Two sets of 9V battery or other source of DC current will keep it going for whole night. In addition a minute internal amplifier will make any MIDI instrument as a complete self contain system that wouldn’t need any external electric cables that draw power at the place of performance. Other heavy boxes also will remain left at home. A performance in the open space that is far away of electrical sources also could be accomplished without extra preparation carrying of any extra equipment.

“What is good for the goose, it’s good for the gender!” So, this new technology will be great for any MIDI musical instrument that has room to place inside Internal Sound Module Card and properly loud but tiny speakers that draw current from the 9 V battery. I’m very excited about it. Paul offered for me to be the first Beta tested of this new gadget. Will see how everything works out. You will be informed about the outcome of this news.

Paul told me, that this new MIDI Internal Sound Card will be capable of supplying the same amount of “sound samples” as mine Korg MSM, or many other presently sold Sound Module MIDI boxes. Do you have any plan how you would incorporate such a card in you projects?

Best Regards,
Vlad

oz
Site Admin

Re: The MISMC (MIDI Internal Sound Module Card) will be real

Post by oz »

Paul told me, that this new MIDI Internal Sound Card will be capable of supplying the same amount of “sound samples” as mine Korg MSM, or many other presently sold Sound Module MIDI boxes. Do you have any plan how you would incorporate such a card in you projects?
Umm - I better take that back sooner, rather than later. The chip will probably not do everything you Korg box does, but is still interesting.
  • • Single Chip All-in-one Design
    – MIDI Control Processor, Serial and Parallel Interface – Synthesis, General MIDI Wavetable Implementation – General MIDI Compatible Effects: Reverb + Chorus – Spatial Effect
    – 4-band Stereo Equalizer
    – Stereo DAC. DR: 86 dB min, THD+N: -80 dB max • State of the art Synthesis for Products Providing Best Quality for Price
    – 64-voice Polyphony (without effects) – 38-voice Polyphony + Effects – On-chip CleanWaveTM Wavetable Data, Firmware, RAM Delay Lines
The (midi board ) is based on this chip ATSAM2195 and here's the link to the datasheets.

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/produ ... rt_id=4142

Look for it in about a month. We may support a few beta testers by selling the board at around the parts costs so send us your address if you have some programming chops, are interested in electronic music, and want to put the board through its paces.

Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Hi Paul,

I don't worry if this MIDI Sound Module internal card will have as many features as my Korg NX5R MIDI Sound Module box. It’s enough to have some 64 sample sounds in a small package. Its’ more than enough for the accordion, guitar or another instrument, providing that those voice samples will be carefully chosen sounds that represents bunch of classic instruments in brass section, woodwind, and strings, etc. As for myself, I would like to have a few accordion sounds, that are pre-loaded, or even better to have a way to upload a few of my own chosen sound samples.

I'm worry about how much programming skills one has to have to handle this MSM Internal Card. Are you talking about a person who is able to rewrite and fit already provided program to fit own needs, or you want some testers who are Arduino Arduino C++ programming wizards? I'm not C++ Programming wizard, but I might have more than enough skills to implement such a card in my projects. So, it depends who will need such a card, and how much of different things, your engineers will leave to handle to the person who is interested in implementation of such a gadget in his/her musical instrument.

Yes, I would like to have such a MSM Internal Card, so I could play acoustic accordion, combining MSM sample with my music without “dragging” the MSM box any time I go out. It will free many people from carrying various boxes. Adding to this set the miniature amplifier that could be placed somewhere inside of an accordion, or the guitar and the player will have a self contained one person band. Very good idea and a new way to increase exposure of the MIDI music out in the open areas, using only 9V DC battery for 2-3 hours or so.

Best Regards,
Vlad

steave123

Post by steave123 »

If you use any sound card.It will be work properly.Now a days it is coming internally or built an.There is no issue in it.

Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Hi Steave,

I really do not know what you’re trying to say. Presently, I play my MIDI accordions with self-made MIDI controllers based on Arduino technology and incorporate with it the Korg Synthesizer Sound Module Box. In order to use that MIDI Sound Module there has to be MIDI cable from the accordion to the MIDI Sound Module, and that box has to be carried whenever one has to go to play the MIDI accordion.
It would be nice to have small internal MIDI synthesizer cards, that could be installed inside of accordion to do the same.
There are synthesizer cards that are put into factory made MIDI accordions, but they manufacturers or dealers wouldn’t sell it to the individuals, or they are too expensive for a person of limited income.
If you know about such a synthesizer on the small MIDI card that is not too expensive and would fit between reed block and the wall of accordion please let me know about it.

Best Regards,
Vlad

kdkdhhff

Post by kdkdhhff »

Thanks for the link - I'll try and upload it and see if it works. The new site is OS Commerce, which is really just php scripts. Don't know about RSS. I'll ask my web coach about it.

----------------------------

Lunettes De Soleil Pas Cher

RomanceOsborn

Post by RomanceOsborn »

The chip will probably not do everything you Korg box does, but is still interesting.
คาสิโนออนไลน์ gclub