Wind Sensor Rev P Schematic Inconsistent

Questions about Modern Device and JeeLabs Sensors
bschulz1701

Wind Sensor Rev P Schematic Inconsistent

Post by bschulz1701 »

Hello All,

I have just received a couple of the Rev P wind sensors, I am excited about working with them and developing a sensing system around them. However, it appears that the schematic given on the product page is not (at all) consistent with the board itself.

The schematic denotes "REV: P" whereas the board says "rev.P5" not sure if this is the difference?

Was wondering if anyone has access to the correct schematic for the rev.P5 board?

Thanks in advance for any help!

oz
Site Admin

Re: Wind Sensor Rev P Schematic Inconsistent

Post by oz »

bschulz1701,

I don't think we're going to update that schematic. We have been rethinking whether we even want the wind sensors to be open source at all, since they're unique products and we have spent a lot of time figuring out the circuits and getting them calibrated in their current state. We continue to work on them and we'll post some of our new temp controlled wind tunnel photos in the near future. With all that said:

1) The schematic has not really changed in principle. The new parts you see are for calibration and or temperature compensation. So mostly in house production stuff.

2) We are happy to consult on your commercial projects if you wish to use our technology and know more about we know of the circuits.

Hope you can understand our current thinking,

Paul Badger
Modern Device