Use Wind Sensor Rev. C for detection quick airflow changes.

Questions about Modern Device and JeeLabs Sensors
[FRANZ]

Use Wind Sensor Rev. C for detection quick airflow changes.

Post by [FRANZ] »

Hello, I would like to convert an Airsoft gun into a laser dry fire system.
I was considering to install a laser, Adriano mico/ nano and the Wind Sensor Rev. C on a flashhider or in a fake silencer.

My question is if the Wind Sensor Rev. C is good in sensing quick an drastic changes in airflow?

oz
Site Admin

Re: Use Wind Sensor Rev. C for detection quick airflow changes.

Post by oz »

Franz,

You want to sense velocity in an air gun? I'm not quite sure what you want to do but the wind sensors are not going to work with that kind of quick pulse. The only thing that might would be a real hot wire system.

Maybe some other kind of technology such as optical? But then I kind of don't understand what you are doing.

Paul

[FRANZ]

Post by [FRANZ] »

Hello Paul,

Airsoft guns normally blow air against a little plastic ball (bb), to shoot it. This "air" can come from different systems (electric motor and a pump, via gas [for example co2] or literally compressed air).
I wanted to come up with a solution that works with all systems.
My idea is that the user does not load bb's (the. Balls) so the gun only fires air. The device would sense the airflow difference and shoots a laser instead.

I was thinking about a light barrier with a piece of paiper or plastic too. But I unsure about stress on the material when it has to bend all the time.

But i can see why the wind sensor might not be the right solution for that either. Any other suggestions?

oz
Site Admin

Post by oz »

It depends on how accurate you are trying to be. It might work fine for just a trigger if that's all you are trying to accomplish. The Rev C doesn't have any hardware compensation so it will be neccessary to put some adjustment in for temperature especially if the system is to be used in the cold.

Paul