Wind Sensor Followup

Questions about Modern Device and JeeLabs Sensors
Vicengineer

Wind Sensor Followup

Post by Vicengineer »

Hi Paul,

I'm interested in using your Wind Sensor Version P for a large engineering project. I'm writing this post to query you about the development of the product.

Are still developing it?

Have you spent any further time looking for PTC thermistors in order to reduce the input voltage range requirement?

Do you have any experience using the sensor in outdoor environments? What is sensitivity to moisture?

Have you done any testing to compare the linearity and measurement deviation between multiple sensors or subsequent batches? I ask this question because I could be possibly implementing an array of 20 or 30 of these sensors and I would need the sensors to be within 5% of each others readings.

BTW good work on the project, this is the only inexpensive wind speed sensor I have been able to find. Originally I was looking for a simple rotary vane sensor with a magnetic pickup, similar to the ones used in low cost anemometers but for the life of me I can't seem to find a standalone sensor for sale anywhere on the internet.

oz
Site Admin

Re: Wind Sensor Followup

Post by oz »

Vicengineer,

If you're still listening, maybe call us if you haven't already.

Paul

Fredaueuv

Wind Sensor Followup

Post by Fredaueuv »

Updated January 2016

NOTE: ON NEWTONS WITH THE GREEN WIND VANE, REMOVE THE WIND VANE BEFORE INSTALLING THE REMOTE WIND SENSOR

Dudemhccv

Wind Sensor Followup

Post by Dudemhccv »

Updated January 2016

NOTE: ON NEWTONS WITH THE GREEN WIND VANE, REMOVE THE WIND VANE BEFORE INSTALLING THE REMOTE WIND SENSOR

Michaelchase

Wind Sensor Followup

Post by Michaelchase »

Updated January 2016