Creating Wireless Doorbell Signal To Strobe Light

Discussion of Jee Products and Wireless Tech
BobCochran10

Creating Wireless Doorbell Signal To Strobe Light

Post by BobCochran10 »

Hi,

I want to build a pushbutton-based doorbell transmitter that uses the JeeNode so that it will send a signal to a strobe light device and cause the strobe light to flash, thus alerting me that someone is at my house door. The receiver unit needs to be housed inside the unit shown in the photo that I hope is attached to this post. The photo is of a Silent Call Sidekick reciever. The top of the unit is a strobe light. The Sidekick is expecting a 318 MHz signal, but I can probably replace the circuit board which is inside the factory device with a new circuit board based on the JeeNode.

My question is, what do I need to buy to make this work? How do I programmatically switch on the strobe light and make it flash? I'd like it to flash slowly at one door, and a little faster at another door, so I can get a visual indication of which physical door the visitor is at.

I already have a 915 MHz Jeenode plus a 915 MHz RFM12B radio which is connected to an ordinary Ardunino. I tested the original JeeNode signal successfully, some long months ago, but I got distracted and forgot how I tested it. I think I was following a build-and-test procedure spelled out by Jean-Claude Wippler. I presume I can simply pick up where I left off. And yes, I bought my JeeNode and radio kit devices from Modern Device.

My interest is in constructing a nice, weatherproof transmitter module that can be basically a pushbutton that is mounted on my exterior house door where one might expect to see a doorbell button. I'm willing to gut the receiver unit shown in the picture to install a new JeeNode-based circuit.

Many thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA
[attachment=0]silent_call_sidekick_model_SK09214_v2_smaller.jpg[/attachment]

oz
Site Admin

Re: Creating Wireless Doorbell Signal To Strobe Light

Post by oz »

Did you make any progress on this Bob? Sorry I answered it all off the forum.
Did you get you chain of tech glued together?
I was just thinking that the JeeLabs currentSourcePlug and some high powered LEDs would be easier to interface than your strobe light. Still I think you bought the SSRs already and you have the knowledge to safely put them together.

Paul