how can I disable auto reset on rbbb

Problems uploading, serial connections, BUBs, P4, FTDI cables, etc
glenn_a_m

how can I disable auto reset on rbbb

Post by glenn_a_m » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:31 am

Hi,

I have the rbbb performing multiple tasks, one of these responds to a serial connection/query which is executed by a webserver cron job.
unfortunately whenever this is done, the board resets (destroying the pin-state of some relay control functionality).

I have seen mention of scratching out tracks to disable the serial triggered auto-reset on other boards, and wondered how I would go about it with the RBBB.

thanks a bunch,
luvin' it

glenn

glenn_a_m

Re: how can I disable auto reset on rbbb

Post by glenn_a_m » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:38 am

Hi again,

just replying to my own post incase someone else needs the same.

I've just disconnected C4 (which I saw referenced in a how-to for another board)
this is working fine, webserver has grabbed multiple sensor readings, and not reset my relays (which are still controllable)

er, yeah, ok, I haven't tried a new upload, I'm assuming it's going to be the manual reset button method. failing that, I might resolder C4 with an inline switch.

cheers,
glenn

floresta

Post by floresta » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:38 pm

er, yeah, ok, I haven't tried a new upload, I'm assuming it's going to be the manual reset button method. failing that, I might resolder C4 with an inline switch.
Replace the capacitor with two machined header pins. When you need the capacitor you can insert it into the header pins.

Don

glenn_a_m

Post by glenn_a_m » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Replace the capacitor with two machined header pins. When you need the capacitor you can insert it into the header pins.
nice solution :)
thanks
glenn