avrdude:stk500_recv() not responding

Questions and Discussion concerning the Bare Bones Board
Graham

avrdude:stk500_recv() not responding

Post by Graham » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:16 am

Hi guys,
Received my BBB ....... assembled .. up loaded blink sketch .... works fine !!!!
Pushed the second sketch ...... no response. I am using standard rs323 through a level shift tx, rx and grd and external power.
Loop back test up to the board checks OK. A gander at the board under a magglass fine. could be corrupt bootloader ??? pressing the reset , led on pin 13 gives a flash before going into the blink routine. which seems to indicate the chip is ready to except a sketch. If I do up reload the bootloader (assume ATmegBOOT_168_atmega328.hex, from Arduino_0019 )who is to say it wont boom again.

Please advise regards Graham

floresta

Re: avrdude:stk500_recv() not responding

Post by floresta » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 am

Graham:

Take a look through the posts in the 'Connecting to BBB, RBBB' section of the forum, you may get some ideas there. If you don't find a solution there then post some information about your operating system, etc. so Paul can come up with some specific suggestions.

Don

Graham

Re: avrdude:stk500_recv() not responding

Post by Graham » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Don,

I am running windows XP sp3 ........ I notice the gap between RX & TX when listening at the chip ....... I've since received my USB-BUB and uploading is fine ..... :D

Thanks Graham