Schematic or CAD files for rev. D of the BBB?

Questions and Discussion concerning the Bare Bones Board
mellis

Schematic or CAD files for rev. D of the BBB?

Post by mellis » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Are CAD files or a schematic available for rev. D of the Bare-Bones Board? I'm trying to understand how the auto-reset works with RTS.

paul
Site Admin

Re: Schematic or CAD files for rev. D of the BBB?

Post by paul » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:19 am

Oops - I guess it really is time to update those docs fully.

Rev D just adds a 104 cap in series from the rts line (pin 6 on the cable) to the reset pin on the chip. The reset pin is also brought out on the left of digital headers on the front of the board.

There's not much room for confusipn but I'll update the docs first thing after vacation. It's been far too long.

Sorry for the slow reply, I just somehow missed your message in several checks of my forum.

Paul

greglink

Post by greglink » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:32 am

Just another request to update the schematics for the Rev D. As far as I'm aware, there's not a single example online of how to wire the auto-reset for a serially connected board, so getting yours updated would be a great help.

floresta

Post by floresta » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:07 pm

If you are asking how to connect a P4 Serial Programming Adapter to a BBB or RBBB the answer is that the P4 connects, pin for pin, to the first five pins on the BBB header (RST, GND, +5, 0RX and 1TX). The P4 can also connect, pin for pin, to the first five pins on the RBBB header, the one on the side of the resonator ( RST, GND, 5V, RX and TX). It does not connect directly to the pins meant for the FTDI (USB) cable. This had me going around in circles for a while.

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:42 pm

I just posted some new docs for the RBBB and I'll get the new docs for BBB up this week - Way, way overdue. A customer made me beautiful new schematics that are way more clear than mine. Same circuit - more clarity.

As to the reset question - floresta is right that the P4 was made to plug into the first five pins - without having to do any mods.

We've just redone the P4 into the P4B - which does just connects up with the serial cable connector (no brainer eh). I don't know why Brian Riley and I rejected this idea earlier, there really wasn't any big problem in implementing it. The only difference between P4B and cable now, is that you need some external power for the board (both BBB and RBBB to use the P4) - there's no really current available in an RS232 port that is dependable.

Keep bugging me if you don't see new BBB docs in next few days. As I said - long overdue. Life keeps getting in my way.

Paul

thobrman

Post by thobrman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:15 am

I was wondering if there were updated instructions/schematics.. whatever to go with the BBB Rev D2? I just bought a 4 pack and FTDI cable and have noticed several changes from what is available on the website for building and using.

Thanks for the great products, and the docs you have posted are really well done, so I look forward to the revisions.

ThoBrMan

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:11 am

You can see how much I like writing docs - now I've got a new version of the board with a few more picky changes so have to get the new docs up. Somehow in some web programming, the rev D docs link got deleted so I'll get that back up there. I know inquiring (or confused) minds want to know.

Paul

xelecara

Post by xelecara » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:33 am

What software's are the best way to render 3D CAD files? I am using CATIA v5, and I can export files to a variety of CAD standard files, iges, stp, wrl, and step. I want to be able to render these files in a high end rendering software. I was thinking of using 3D Max and using VRay but It has a steep learning curver to use it. Has anyone got any recommendations?