Audio Amp - is it off by default ?

Interfacing hardware, sensors, output drivers, chips.
gokul

Audio Amp - is it off by default ?

Post by gokul »

Hello,

I have 2 of the Audio Amp boards. http://shop.moderndevice.com/products/audio-amplifier

I wired one up but it does not seem to do anything, I can hear sound in the speaker connected but no amplification.

I have wired the 5V, Ground and AIN (signal) pins to a processor. I have not wired the SHD (Shutdown) to anything - it is free floating.
The idea is to send the sound signals from a program to this amp and then to a speaker. I had connected a speaker directly with capacitors but the volume was low so I thought this amp would be good.

Anyone used this board ?

Please help.
Thanks

oz
Site Admin

Re: Audio Amp - is it off by default ?

Post by oz »

Gokul,

The amp should be on by default. You have an audio signal going into the board?

Paul

gokul

Post by gokul »

Paul, yes there is audio signal going to the amp.
I am going to try the 2nd amp to see if the first one was bad or something.

What's the current draw of the amp ?
Thanks
Gopal

oz
Site Admin

Post by oz »

The quiescent current draw? Under 10 milliamps I believe - you'll have to put a meter on it. The active current draw depends on the volume level of course.

Paul

Aaronhycle

Audio Amp is it off by default

Post by Aaronhycle »

Yo.

Saffire pro 24 muted all tracks in MixControl, just so I can't hear things twice

I tried routing the sound in,out, then in again, but I got an insane feedback loop, but when I turned down the master volume on FL the one at top on the screen, the feedback disappeared, but no sound from my guitar.
When the Master volume where close to default, feedback, a little down, no sound, at all.

Connected my guitar to input 1 at front, added it to a mixer track, disconnected it from master track mixer track read audio in, then out back through Outputs 3 & 4, into pedals, then in back to Inputs 3 & 4.

Dafuq is happening?