New Fluxamasynth Library

Interfacing hardware, sensors, output drivers, chips.
oz
Site Admin

New Fluxamasynth Library

Post by oz »

A new version of the Fluxamasynth library is available that uses NewSoftwareSerial to communicate on pin 4.
This allows easy debugging of a sketch using the TX pin for serial debugging to the computer monitor.
Many thanks to R. (Scott) McGinnis for his hard work on this.
Download it here: http://wiki.moderndevice.com/pmwiki.php ... istMethods

stevecooley

Re: New Fluxamasynth Library

Post by stevecooley »

I must be dense in the head or something. When I put these in the "libraries" folder in the arduino documents folder, they don't show up in the "import library..." list. Ok, so I tried a few more things:

When I was trying to use this as a library in the libraries folder, I was getting this error:

Code: Select all

"class Fluxamasynth does not name a type"
then I tried including the library .h and .cpp files in the sketch's folder and got these errors:

"slass Fluxamasynth does not have any field named 'synth'"
Then I thought, oh, you can't have this in the libraries folder and in the sketch folder, so I removed them from the libraries folder and... no change.

THEN I thought, oh maybe I'm not on an up-to-date arduino build, so I upgraded to 0023... no change.

THEN! I tried reinstalling both libraries (and removed it from the sketch folder). It shows up in the libraries list, but now I get this error:

no matching function for call to 'Fluxamasynth::Fluxamasynth(int, int)'
So... any ideas here?

oz
Site Admin

Post by oz »

It's definitely a libraries path issue.
Libraries need to be in the "libraries" folder (lower case l) in the folder in which your sketches are stored.
But they also need to be inside a folder. I think (but am not sure) if you drag the whole folder inside the libraries folder it should compile.

Turns out there were "a couple" of issues - download the latest version on the website - the link is the same. I put some examples in the library.
Let me know if you have any issues - and don't forget to shunt to the pin 4 setting.

Paul

stevecooley

Post by stevecooley »

Ok, that did it. Thanks for all of the things you did there. Whatever the cause was, the new download is working great, and having the examples along with the library is very helpful.

-steve

oz
Site Admin

Post by oz »

Steve,

If come up with any examples of techniques with the board, I'll be glad to put them up on the wiki and in samples too.

Paul